Shining Tea Room

Advent Rosary!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mei Mei 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Mei
    Mei
    Participant

Rayati!

I confess that I am not always consistent with my prayer life, and as such, I thought it might be an interesting idea to start a sort of rosary “challenge”.

I plan to pray a rosary every day up until Nativity, and, Dea willing, beyond that.

Would any other maids be interested in joining me?

In Amity,
    Mei

Profile photo of Lynn
    Lynn
    Participant

Rayati, Honored Mei-chei!

I would love to! I currently try to do my rosary daily, though I must confess this tends to be only three times a week or so in practice.

After trying a few variations, I’ve settled on the Ostara Cycle version of the rosary from LLC for my usual weekly practice, but after reading your post while wondering what I should do to celebrate my first advent, I was thinking I would like to try to incorporate the Chapel of Our Mother God’s Elemental Nativity Meditations for the duration of advent by replacing the recitation of The Silver Star at the end of each Decade with the passage she suggests, albeit a perhaps shorter excerpt.

Best of luck on your challenge!

In amity,

Lynn

Rayati honored Mei-san, honored Miss Lynn,

I think that saying a rosary every day of Advent is a lovely idea! For myself I think I would be more likely to accomplish it with an Estrenne style rosary like this one.

My issue with LLC prayers and texts is that they use the “silver world” version of the scriptures, rather than the more, well, orthodox version found at the Chapel of Our Mother God. There are much wiser heads than mine that can explain why it just doesn’t work as well, but for myself I find it incredibly jarring to picture the Original Creation made by our Mother as being Lunar, rather than Solar. Lunar light simply cannot exist before Solar light, ne?

In general, I find the Gospel of Our Mother God from the Chapel to be by far the safest version of the scriptures.

In Amity,
    Elefarya Rosamunda

Profile photo of Mei
    Mei
    Participant

Rayati honored Miss Lynn, honored Elefarya-chei,

I personally have a great love of the Chapel’s Catholic style rosary, given my upbringing. I have both a Catholic style rosary and a Hindu style mala at present, but I often default to using the former.

I’ve always preferred the Chapel’s scriptures and prayers – while I will, on occasion, make use of prayers from other denominations, I find that it takes heavy editing to ensure that they are scripturally sound, and thus I find myself needing to be incredibly careful about it.

The Chapel’s Nativity meditations will be perfect for this challenge, Miss Lynn! I have never had a chance to use them until now.

Best of luck to us all! Dea bless, and happy start-of-Advent!

In amity,
    Mei

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.