Shining Tea Room

An Intermorphic Tarot?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mei Mei 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Madeira Darling
    Madeira Darling
    Participant

I’ve been reading about and improving my ability to use the tarot recently and I have been thinking about how one of the things I tend to find objectionable is the use of masculinity in tarot decks where it seems to honestly fit quite poorly, and I would very much like to have a feminine tarot deck. Some of the masculine figures in the deck are sort of Rhavic (The Emporer, the Hierophant) and others are of course Vikhelic, but all could be represented with feminine figures. Would anyone else be interested in this project?

Profile photo of Sanae
    Sanae
    Participant

Rayati, honored Miss Darling,

Oh, an intemorphic tarot sounds so lovely! Were you thinking of creating your own deck? How admirable!

In Amity,
    Sanae

Madeira Darling
    Participant

I was thinking of possibly commissioning artists, or using lovely old advertisements and making collages

Profile photo of Sushuri
    Sushuri

We have thought about this before. It is a big undertaking but it would be wonderful if it could be done.

What I would say is that one cannot really use things like old advertisements. One can make cards like that of course, but they wouldn’t be Tarot. Of course much of what passes for “modern tarot” these days isn’t Tarot either. And of course it can be fun and even useful for common divination, but it’s a different thing.

Tarot is based very strictly on archetypal symbolism and one would have to be very careful to maintain the canonical images and all the canonical elements while translating them into a feminine imagery. That really is what makes it a rather major undertaking. One could commission an artist (as A.E.Waite did with Patricia Coleman Smith) but it would preferably be an artist who had some idea of traditional symbolism (as she did).

Whether it was or not, the translation of the imagery and the instructions for the artist would have to be in minute detail, since every element of each is important.

Madeira Darling
    Participant

Oh I meant using them to make collages that included the appropriate symbolism, I’ve made rather a study of tarot and am familiar ^_^

Profile photo of Mei
    Mei
    Participant

I just remembered this thread today –

Normally, I keep a Rider-Waite deck downloaded on my phone. Something about having it is very calming.

However, I found a new app that I’ve quite fallen in love with – it’s called KawaiiTarot (I have an Android phone), and the imagery is a sort of kawaii, minimalist Japanese art.

I don’t know if any maids also download such things on their phones, but I thought I ought to mention it!! Though it certainly isn’t as good as an intemorphic tarot. I always keep an eye out for one to be released, but to no avail, sadly.

In Amity,

Mei

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.