Shining Tea Room

Racinated Novels

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Madeira Darling Madeira Darling 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Mei
    Mei
    Participant

Rayati, honored ones!
    I was unsure if this thread would be best suited here, or in Worlds of Light – my sincere apologies if I have chosen incorrectly!
    I am an avid reader, and was wondering if any maids knew of more racinated authors or works? I thought perhaps Jane Austen might be good, based on her works I have read in the past.
    Please grant me your loving indulgence!
    In Amity,
    Mei

Rayati Mei-san!
    Fortunately, I happen to have created a (very partial) reading list for a maiden who had to go have her childhood over again to grow up properly. And here it is!

Profile photo of Madeira Darling
    Madeira Darling
    Participant

I personally always very much liked Mischievous Meg (by the same author as Pippi Longstocking) and I think the Auntie Mame books are quite lovely and charming and funny. I also have a fondness for mystery novels although of course they deal with some rather unpleasant subjects, but I find the triumph of good over evil to be very soothing and pleasant (Agatha Christie is a particular favorite).

I also think there’s a lot to be said for traditional works like Journey To The West and the Mahabharata and Ramayana, also of course the beautiful classic the Tale Of Genji.

I also read a lot of classical literature and quite like the plays of Euripides and Aristophanes and the works of Homer.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.