Shining Tea Room

The Spiritual Qualities Of Makeovers

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Madeira Darling Madeira Darling 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Madeira Darling
    Madeira Darling
    Participant

I have always found myself drawn to the idea of makeovers, and of course beautification itself is spiritual. I’ve always especially liked the ones where a maid afraid to embrace her own femininity does so and sort of realizes the power and wonder of being feminine.

We see ordinariness transformed into extraordinariness through feminine practices. I’m not sure if I’m articulating this very well but do you see what I mean?

Am I right about this?

Profile photo of Sushuri
    Sushuri

I know very little of makeovers, having neither had one nor even seen one, but I understand the idea.

It seems to me that creating beauty is always a reflection of the true Beauty, and creating it (or having it be created – how awkward that there is no causative form in Enlish) in one’s own outer appearance is particularly wonderful and a gift to the world.

Madeira Darling
    Participant

I personally am especially fond of these up to date examples:

In my waftings it’s seemed to me beauty salons are essentially sacred spaces in the motherland, there’s something so lovely about the care and femininity of these spaces, the rituals of beauty are a sort of lovely marriage of expressions of Sai Thame and Sai Sushuri

1950s beauty salon

1920s beauty salon

blonde doing the hair of another blonde

brunettes

Profile photo of Petite Sorcière
    Petite Sorcière
    Participant

Honored Miss Darling, please give me your loving indulgence.

You might find this link useful in the relation of beauty to spirituality.

http://www.mother-god.com/philosophy-beauty.html

Madeira Darling
      Participant

Honoured Miss Petite, that article was delightful, I think additionally it must be the case that the “makeover” is a particularly spiritual example, in that a maid is sharing beauty, helping another maid towards beauty which is a kind and generous act, rather than treating beauty as a competitive activity (as many Tellurians would have us believe it is)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.