Shining Tea Room

Welcome Miss Amy

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lady Aquila Lady Aquila 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Sushuri
    Sushuri

Rayati and welcome to Shining World, honored Miss Amy.

We are very happy to have you here with us. Please feel free to tell us a little more about yourself and your interests and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

You say you are an OG Aristasian – but I am sure you still sing! (small Takarazuka joke).

I hope you have a wonderful time with us here.

Please give me your loving indulgence,

Sushuri

Profile photo of Madeira Darling
    Madeira Darling
    Participant

Rayati Miss Amy! I’m charmed to meet you, I’ve also been involved (peripherally) with Aristasia for some time.

Rayati Miss Amy,
    Welcome, and please give me your loving indulgence. I look forward to hearing more about you, if you’d like to share it.
    In Amity,
    Elefarya Rosamunda

Profile photo of Yuriko Rill
    Yuriko Rill
    Participant

Rayati Miss Amy,

Welcome to Shining World. Please give me your loving indulgence.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

In Amity,
    Yuriko Rill

Profile photo of Sanae
    Sanae
    Participant

Rayati, honored Miss Amy.

Please give me your loving indulgence.

I look forward to whatever you choose to share, and also hope that your time here will be full of amity.

In Amity,
    Sanae

Profile photo of Mei
    Mei
    Participant

Rayati, honored Miss Amy!
    Please give me your loving indulgence.

I hope that you enjoy your time on the forum as much as I have; the maids here are the kindest and most beautiful that I know, and there is much amity here.

I look forwards to learning more of you as you begin to post and interact!
    In Amity,
    Mei

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Blocked

Rayati everyone!

My goodness, I had not expected such a warm welcome from everybody! Thank you so very much. I am most humbled and grateful for your kind attention :)

I came to your site at the suggestion of a friend to ask about a project I was about to undertake. I had the recent good fortune to find an affordable copy of _The District Governess_ and purchase it.

Assuming it arrives and turns out to be what it’s supposed to be, my intention is to take it down to the internet archive (I live in San Francisco) and scan it. I stumbled across the Aristasian Elektraspace in the late 90’s and nothing has resonated with my heart nor captured my imagination in the same way since. I’ve been dismayed by the gradual erosion and disappearance of what I feel is important and valuable information which should be available to any maid who desires it.

I’m not quite sure where to go from there. Scanning for personal use is legal, but distributing copyrighted material without permission is not. I have no idea how to reach whoever owns the copyright or whether that is even possible. Perhaps contributing to historical archives is an exception, I suppose I will discover that when I visit the internet archive.

There is an interesting discussion about obedience to wrongful law that I would like to drop in on, but for the moment I will turn the conversation over to yourselves. Do you have any recommendations or advice? Even better: can anyone help me locate copies of these books?

Sincerely,
    Amy

Profile photo of Lady Aquila
    Lady Aquila
    Participant

The books are all in copyright and reproducing them publicly is completely illegal. They are other people’s intellectual property.

Whether they will reprinted I do not know. That is up to the owners of the material. It may be possible to find second-hand copies online though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.